FleetPride Diesel Technician II in Joplin, Missouri
FleetPride is the largest after-market distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts in the U.S. with some of the best and brightest people in the business! Partner with the best in the heavy-duty industry and apply today!
It is time to work for a company that wants to help you advance your career! Imagine working for a company that cares about your professional future and wants you to reach your goals-FleetPride is North America’s premier and largest independent distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer replacement parts.
Some of the benefits of this exceptional opportunity are:
- Competitive compensation with annual merit increases
- Benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid vacation, and holidays.
- Company provided uniforms
- Great work-life balance
- Family-oriented, teamwork driven environment
- Relocation assistance may be available based on experience
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunction(s).
- Perform inspections and preventative maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications and filter replacements.
- Repair, reline, replace, and adjust brakes (air, hydraulic, electric and brake accessories).
- Test drive vehicles and test components using proper equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair suspension systems including leaf and coil spring systems, and Hendrickson walking beam type suspension systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems, exhaust systems, steering systems, air conditioning, PTO”S and custom exhaust systems.
- Troubleshoot diesel engine fault codes, and make needed repairs.
- Adjust, remove and replace clutches, transmission, differentials, and drivelines.
- Troubleshoot and repair fuel tanks, fifth wheels, trailer hitches, pintle hooks, auxiliary axles and frames.
- Perform tandem alignment, front axle king pin and bushing repairs.
- Perform basic aluminum and steel wire welding.
- Inspect orders for completion and quality before presentation or delivery to customers.
- Record incoming measurements of Driveline to be repaired or assembled.
- Record final measurements, services and parts used during the last stage of a job, noting any special customer request(s).
- Provide customers with preventative maintenance solution, whenever appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Able to maintain an 85% productivity average.
- _Troubleshooting:_ Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- _Repairing:_ Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- _Equipment Selection:_ Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- _Active Learning:_ Understanding the implication of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- _Mathematics:_Ability to solve simple equations; ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- _Reading Comprehension:_ Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- _Critical Thinking:_ Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- _Problem Sensitivity:_ The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does involve solving the problem.
- _Deductive Reasoning:_ The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- _Inductive Reasoning:_ The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions.
- _Information Ordering:_ The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures)
- _Arm-Hand Steadiness:_ The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
Ability to frequently lift or carry parts in excess of 75 lbs. Ability to assume positions on and under vehicles while performing repairs.
Environmental / Physical Conditions
Exposure to dirt, dust, fumes, noise and temperature variances.
- OSHA approved steel toed safety shoes required from the first day of this job.
- Drill press; Hydraulic press; Band hack saw; Floor grinder; Common air and electric power hand tools (Company and personally provided) (1/2" air wrench required). Mechanic must furnish all hand tools up to and including 3/4"drive.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Post Secondary Certificate or training in mechanics preferred
- Minimum of 3 years experience in general heavy-duty truck and/or trailer repair.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience on suspensions and alignments
- Minimum of 1 year of experience on drive train repairs.
- Minimum 2 years on engine electronics
- Minimum 2 years on cab air conditioning
- Valid drivers’ license with clean driving record. Class A driver’s license preferred.
- ASE Qualified in Steering and Suspension T5
- Air Brake Qualified
- ASE 609 Qualified
- ASE Preventive Maintenance Inspection Qualified T8
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
FleetPride is the leader in the industry comprised of retail, service, distribution and wholesale divisions.
- Posted 22 Days Ago
- Full time