Tri-County Mental Health Services Fleet Coordinator/Driver in Kansas City, Missouri
Title: Fleet Coordinator/Driver
Department: Facilities Services
Salary Range: $15-19/hr
Employment Status: Full-time
This position is responsible for all van maintenance, reporting, and training. Additionally, this position serves as a driver for our day program and agency deliveries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Responsible for maintaining a clean fleet and coordinating all van maintenance, including but not limited to preventative maintenance, repairs, and registration renewals
• Maintain detailed records for grant reports. Assist with the filing of those reports as needed
• Ensure fleet is following all regulatory compliance
• Train all van drivers in proper procedures and safe driving, including operating lifts, backup cameras, complete vehicle checklists, and emergency procedures
• Develop safety training program for all drivers
• Drive routes for day program
• Assist in agency deliveries and store pick ups
• As needed assist facilities team with services requests and projects
• Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
• Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Active Class E driver’s license and minimum state-required auto-insurance.
• CDL license preferred
• Reliable transportation and clean driving record
• CPR/First Aid Certificate preferred
• 1 to 3 years minimum work-related experience required
• 3+ years minimum work-related experience preferred
• Working knowledge of Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) rules and regulations
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• The ability to use and troubleshoot basic business equipment.
• The ability to interact with a diverse population.
• Strong ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and timeliness in project output.
• The ability to maintain a high level of client confidentiality.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly required to drive to other local TCMHS locations using their own transportation. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate