Alphapointe Office Products Machine Operator in Kansas City, Missouri
As part of its mission, Alphapointe provides preferential hiring to people with vision impairments (legally blind).
Alphapointe is a non-profit agency whose mission is to empower people with vision loss to achieve their goals and aspirations. Alphapointe offers a great working environment that's both challenging and satisfying as well as an array of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, short and long term disability, vacation and sick time, paid holidays and flexible spending options as well as a generous 401(k).
Job Summary: Runs various machines within the Office Products area, including but not limited to: stick pen machine, tape machine, envelope machine and screen printing machines.
- Various machine operations, setup and adjustment. Will require basic mechanical skills.
- Daily entry of production records into Production Form.
- Shop cleanup and material organization as needed.
- Preparation and deployment of monthly cycle counts.
- Packaging, data coding, substitute for key personnel in these areas if absent.
- Rework or cleanup of product if required.
- Other misc. duties as assigned by the dept. supervisor.
- Operate printing machine, printing pen barrels for stock, production orders, and custom work.
- Maintain and run any and all machines in shop.
- Special projects, daily assignments
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Experience in various machine operations
- High school diploma/GED
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Standing for 8 hour shifts
- Heavy lifting of up to 60 lbs
- Alphapointe is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
Department: Manufacturing & Facilities
Location: Kansas City, MO