Washington University of St. Louis Driver - Comparative Medicine - 49234 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Comparative Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position will have routine travel between various departments throughout the university campus and to off-site locations.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
This position is responsible for utilizing WUSM-owned vehicle for delivery of furniture, equipment, research animals and/or other materials to designated destinations within and outside of Washington University.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transports furniture, equipment, research animals and/or other materials between various facilities at WU Medical School Campus, Danforth Campus and agencies outside of WU, including the airport, St. Louis University and Barnes-Jewish Hospital.
- Assists with packing, unpacking and processing transported materials.
- Picks up and delivers mail and packages between departments.
- Maintains vehicle in a clean condition, including sanitizing the interior regularly.
- Checks safety of vehicle daily including tire inflation, mirrors, wiper blades, lights, engine oil level and hydraulic fluid level.
- Reports all malfunctions or damage of vehicles to supervisor immediately.
- Observes safe driving habits and practices.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
- High school diploma or equivalent high school certification.
- Valid Missouri commercial driver’s license.
- Experience in driving medium duty trucks and vans.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs. several times a day.
- Ability to be adaptable to varying workloads and activities.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
The hiring range for this position is $13.80 - $15.45 per hour.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
Work involves lifting and moving up to 100 lbs. several times daily utilizing carts, hand trucks, etc. Wearing protective equipment is required, including steel-toed shoes and lift belt.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Driver - Comparative Medicine - 49234
Job ID: 49234
Location: Medical School