Bi-State Development Van Operator (Call-A-Ride) in St. Louis, Missouri
- Drive van to transport passengers over varying routes to local or distant points according to a time schedule; by operating the van skillfully and safely.
- Inspect the van before every trip, which includes monitoring and adjusting vehicle gauges and controls.
- Answer questions regarding service, fares, and etc.; including greeting passengers.
- Maintain good relations with the general public, particularly the elderly and disabled.
- Direct and control passengers, when needed.
- Assist disabled and elderly passengers on/off the van, if needed.
- Evacuate passengers in case of an emergency.
- Operating a wheelchair lift and hand radio.
- Secure child seats for small children.
- Issue transfers and short-fare receipts.
- Complete cash tickets, collecting fares, and counting tickets.
- Deposit moneybag in vault.
- Record passenger data, fares, and vehicle statistics.
- Read street map guide, time schedule, street signs, traffic signs, instructions and passes.
- Write accident reports, incident reports and daily reports on passengers, fares and vehicle statistics.
- Develop most efficient routes between points; reports vehicular delays and/or accidents.
- Follow written and oral instructions completely.
- Must have the ability to work nights, weekends and holidays.
Pay rate is $14.99 per hour.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
- At least 21 years of age and physically qualified to safely operate a motor vehicle in accordance with U.S. Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Possess a valid driver's license and ability to obtain an appropriate chauffeur's license.
- Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions required for this position.
Qualified applicants must pass the pre-screen process, which includes, a personal interview, background check, and pre-employment Department of Transportation (DOT) physical and drug screen, and Essential Functions testing.
A DOT physical exam and drug test is required and is available at no cost to you. Successful candidates must receive a two-year Department of Transportation (DOT) card.
- If you are taking blood pressure medication orif your blood pressure is greater than 140/90 during the exam, you will not qualify for a two year DOT card and will not be hired by Metro.
- All Metro driver seats are designed for a maximum weight capacity of 325 pounds. If you weigh more than 325 pounds, you will not be hired.
- If you wear prescription glasses or contacts, make sure you bring them for the exam.
- If you have hearing aid(s), bring them with you to the exam.
- If you take blood thinners such as Warfarin or Coumadin, bring documentation that your INR has been regulated for at least the last month.
- If you have diabetes, bring documentation of A1C of less than 8. Documentation must be less than 6 months old. An A1C can also be drawn at BarnesCare for $18.00. Results will be available next business day.
- If you have been diagnosed with heart disease or heart attack or other cardiovascular condition bring a copy of your recent cardiac stress test results completed within the last two years.
- If you have had heart surgery (valve replacement /bypass, angioplasty)bring a letter from your cardiologist clearing you to drive a commercial vehicle.
- If you have a pacemaker, bring documentation of annual pacemaker check.
- If you have been diagnosed with a nervous or psychiatric disorder, bring a letter from your psychiatrist clearing you to drive a commercial vehicle.
- If you have been diagnosed with seizures or epilepsy, bring documentation from your treating provider that you have been seizure free without taking seizure medication for 10 years.
- If you are on any prescription medications, bring the list of medication names with you. Required Experience
High School diploma or equivalency.
At least one (1) year of customer service experience.
Three (3) years driving experience.
General geographic knowledge of the St. Louis Metropolitan area.
**2018 Classes are closed. We are now forming van training classes for 2019
Tracking Code: 292822-713
Job Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular